Tuesday 14 February 2012

THAT'S what I'm talking about!

A while ago my mother pointed out to me that spending my hard earned monies on national lottery tickets was foolish. MM and I had resorted to desperate measures to try and put a house deposit together.  I know, I know.  The fund raising plan of the insane. 

Anyway, she suggested to me that perhaps, if I was really going to go down the wishful thinking route, I should enter the local charity lottery instead.  I was unimpressed.  Sure, there was a better chance of winning something, but I was hardly going to become a millionaire overnight.  But after a while I figured I had little to lose and the ticket money was at least going to charity.  So I sent off my cheque for £13 which gained me entry into the draw for 13 weeks.  And promptly forgot about it.

Soooooooooooooooooooo anyway there was a letter waiting for me when I got home today.  I've only won one FRICKING thousand pounds!  Oh HELL yes!!  Happy happy days.

Cheers for the idea ma!

Newly rich-bitch,

firefly xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment